donderdag 31 december 2009

dag 18, Lower Palguin


Thomas on first slide



Camera-menno sliding in

Well, my last swim of the year...! Tradition has it with this group that the one who swims is the one who writes the blog. Today I was the only one. They ask me what did I swim today and I ask them what have you portaged today!

David on first drop


Birdy on first drop

Somehow I have been adopted and shown much kindness by this group. In the last 7 days I have run 6 rivers here in Pucon, most with these guys. Its a strong group and while I can only understand them when we speak in English or are on the river (seeing the same universal language of excitement and concern), I feel as if I have made some new friends.


David in the triple boof, he ran 2 of them, Kevin ran one and swam the second, we portaged


Thomas on the auto-boof, this was super fun!

Let us see if I can get all the names: Harry, Thomas, Menno, Gert, Wim, Birdie, Koert, Pepe, Jan, Famke, Sandy, David (Sickie)and Kevin and Sarah-14 in all(oh, and let's not forget Josh and Alberto) so 16!
So you can imagine with such a big group it takes along time to do anything, but hell, it's South America and everything takes more time than it should-el vivo tranquillo...there's always an Escudo at the bottom...burp (hands on your foreheads!)


small delay for the Asados, plan to start at 5, started at 8 (el vivo tranquillo(-;)

I tell them all you come to Colorado for some boating and adventure, maybe onbe day, time will tell...

For now, it is the last day of the year with a new one coming. Cheers! Happy trails my new friends, may ours cross once again! Salud and felice nuevo ano amigos!

Kevin

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten